Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Klesmer Vampires Steal Christmas the Audiobook!

Klesmer Vampires Steal Christmas The Audiobook!

Here it is! My first audiobook. Or at least, audio short story. It's about 13 minutes long. Since I listen to a lot of audiobooks, I'm a big admirer of a good reader, and I find that authors aren't always the best readers of their own work. I'm sure there are readers out there who are a lot better than I am (I've heard them!) but I did my best to make it entertaining. Some of my favorites are Susan Bennett, Lee Adams, Robert Forster, Jennifer Wiltsie, Jonathan Davis, and Neil Gaiman, and of course David Sedaris are great readers of their own books.

You can listen to it below, or you can download it directly, here. You're free to download it, or share it. And of course, you can read the story the old fashioned way here.


Klesmer Vampires Steal Christmas





I made it on the free Mac program, Garage Band, and it required a good bit of editing. I hope you enjoy it, and I hope you don't mind my silly voices! Also, I hope I got the Jewish stuff right. I stumbled on the word "hebrew" for some reason, and I'm aware that observant Jews can eat chicken and cheese together, but "Jewish nachos" with whitefish just sounded funnier. Otherwise, forgive any errors. I didn't do a ton of research. The whole thing is a big experiment, so please let me know what you think! Comments are very welcome on this one.



2 comments:

  1. I love it! Serious---the voice is great. Really fun. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I thought i might have been too hammy. I listened to it this morning just to make sure I wasn't embarrassing myself to much, but was modestly confident that it was OK. I think it's hopelessly uncommercial for a number of reasons, but Maybe a few people will get a little enjoyment out of it. There's a prose version that precedes this post if you're interested, but it doesn't veer in any way from the audio version.

    ReplyDelete