Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Daily Post: Christmas Mailer

I usually post in the morning, but I spent a good part of the day still coloring this one. This will be a card, and on the outside will be this image:



And when you open it you'll see this one:



I worked on this intermittently between other projects, and now its finally finished. I had a great time making it! A lot of challenging stuff in this one on a technical level, not the least of which was the curvilinear landscape. I made the beginnings of a traditional grid and kind of guestimated where the vanishing points would be. It came out pretty good. I also got some nice reflective shadows in the figures. I went with a limited palette, basically red, blue, purple, white and black. Sometimes the fewer colors you use the more of a graphic impact the image makes. Or something. Anyway, thanks for looking.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations...This is wonderful. I love the vibrant colors even though you only used a few. One question, what about Santa's rendeers? Rudolph will be lonely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mike and Glenn! This seems like a better way to get around than reindeers.

    ReplyDelete