Pages

Friday, October 02, 2009

Dolittle: New Colors

I had more posters made (more about that soon) of some recent and older pieces, and as an experiment I had one made of the Doctor Dolittle image I did not too long ago. The colors looked horrible. It was very dark, partly because of the quality of the printing, but mostly because of my coloring. I was also losing a lot of what I liked about the original drawing--the details were getting lost in the muddy color.

So I decided to rethink it.



Even though this is a night scene, aside from the sky, most of the colors are of a lighter value than in the original image. I also made a few other minor changes that may or may not be apparent. I think it looks a lot better.

And here's a detai:



Edit:

I toned down the highlight and you can see what hopefully will be the last color revision here.

No comments:

Post a Comment