Pages

Friday, September 03, 2010

Daily Post: Companion Piece to the Geese Mailer

I had tried to do a second piece of the girl feeding the ducks as a companion piece to the earlier one a few posts down, but the pose came out stiff because I was trying to copy the photo too closely. This time I made it a little more cartoony, further animating the figure by putting her in a sequence. I ended up using some of those extra duck drawings after all!

Another thing I was messing with here is limited color. Here much of the background and geese were virtually left as line art. Since this will reproduce at about 5 1/2 by 8 1/2 inches, too much busy detail would be distracting. A fully rendered scene with this much action would read poorly at that size. Simplifying both the color and the rendering makes for a much easier read and more pleasing design.

No comments:

Post a Comment