Pages

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Dino #2

Another dino from another toy I got in the dollar section at Target. Again, kind of elaborated on the anatomy a little.



The anatomy of vertebrates is all pretty similar, and those squat legs in the foreground are very elephant-like, the skull sort of like a cow or a dog (actually I probably got that part wrong), as are the back legs. Or at least that's my interpretation. Once again I have no idea what kind of dinosaur this is meant to resemble. Drawn while watching the new BBC Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency BBC show. Reg and I both read the books (though I haven't read them since I was 13) and I really dug it. Hope they make it into a series.

2 comments:

  1. I like this study. When I taught drawing to kids I'd give them these plastic dinosaurs and animals to draw . It was a really popular lesson. Yours of course is much better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carolyn! My excuse for buying the toys was to draw from them, but I also just dig the toys! I don't own enough cool toys.

    I bet your husband could set me straight on dinosaur anatomy, though!

    ReplyDelete