Pages

Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Daily Post: My Dad at 86

This is one of the few occasions I keep a sketchbook--when I travel. I just don't tend to get out all that much otherwise. I Just came back from visiting my dad in Pennsylvania. Here's a few sketches, and in some cases I'll admit that I used photoshop to mess with proportions to make it look more like my dad, though in this first one I think his ears might be a little small. My dad is famous for his enormous ears.






After the figure drawing sessions went on hiatus for the summer I've been drawing mostly from photo ref and my imagination, so this was a good opportunity to warm-up for tonight's figure session. This will be the first session in several months, and I'm really looking forward to getting back into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment