Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

Daily Post: Two Honorable Mentions at the SCBWI Holiday Mixer

I received honorable mention in the Society of Children's Book Writer's and Illustrator's Spring Spirit 2011 logo contest, and honorable mention for the SCBWI juried art show at Brick Alley Art Studios awarded by Chronicle Books editor Kristine Brogno. The show will be up until January 30th.

More info here:

I would like to know more about the Brick Alley Art Studios show.

My winning logo will be used in all conference communication materials including thank you notes and follow-upsto editors and speakers for the upcoming SCBWI CA North/Central Autum Advance in the Fall of 2011.

The holiday mixer was a good time. Saw a lot of old acquaintances and new faces and ate way too many cookies. I also won a couple of great books in the raffle--Scott Westerfeld's Behemoth and Neal Shusterman's Unwind. I recently listened to Unwind on audio and it was excellent, and I'm a big fan of Westerfeld, particularly his book, Peeps.

Tomorrow afternoon I teach a bee painting class to kids at The Pence. More info on that in the previous post.

No comments:

Post a Comment