Pages

Friday, April 05, 2013

Yet another Ladybug and Gentleman Beetle Rough

Almost done with the  book dummy! I'm sure I'll need to make revisions before I send it out, but it's nice to be so close to finished. This may be my first complete traditional book dummy. I really love the process and I'm looking forward to doing many more, and (hopefully) many many actual books.

I don't think any of this will feel real until that first book sees print. Until then, a part of me feels like I'm just playing at being an illustrator. Magazine illustrations and individual commissions don't quite carry the same weight as a real off-set printed book. Handmade books and zines don't quite count either, even though I've made quite a few small odds and ends that I'm proud of.

So, hopefully, it all starts here.


No comments:

Post a Comment